In 1997's Bible Belt comes an unusual tale of society's least desirable...
A woman plagued by the lasting effects of a disturbing premonition. A man seeking redemption after two decades of street gang affiliation. A priest gifting religious counsel to a community in moral decline. Six neglected youths making their get-a-way in an infamous Dodge van. How does it all come together in the unceasing chaos of poverty?
Set to release on March 22nd, 2021
Links to all purchasing platforms will be listed soon.
My initial intentions were to intertwine the following elements into one unconventionally structured storyline.
- a continuously unsettling atmosphere
- a lesser known 90's true crime case
- the romance between a very undesirable male (an ex-gang member) and female (a single mother with two children from two different men)
- theological ruminating & how the broken flock to religious temples in troves
- mental illness linked to poverty
- vivid horror imageries
I interviewed (and audio recorded) 5 priests from different sects of Christianity from in my local Maryland area as part of my professional research from September-December 2019.